Book Review: Daughter of the Forest (Sevenwaters #1)

8:33:00 PM


Author: Juliet Marillier

Summary:

A beautiful retelling of the Celtic “Swans” myth, Daughter of the Forest is a mixture of history and fantasy, myth and magic, legend and love… To reclaim the lives of her brothers, Sorcha leaves the only safe place she has ever known and embarks on a journey filled with pain, loss and terror. When she is kidnapped by enemy forces and taken to a foreign land, it seems that there will be no way for Sorcha to break the spell that condemns all that she loves. But magic knows no boundaries, and Sorcha will have to choose between the live she has always known and a love that comes only once.

My Rating: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

From start to finish, I got hooked!

Daughter of the forest is one of those books that you just want to believe in. That you want to be real. It’s full of tales, adventure and romance.

I have a soft spot in historical fantasy and romance. So eventhough it took me forever to finish this book (approximately 1 month and 4 days), I still love how I was able to read everything page by page! I didn’t skipped any page because nothing bored me. The author made sure you will keep reading until the last page. I liked her writing style as well!

The story mainly revolved around the seven children of the seventh son of the ruler of Sevenwaters. How interesting right! Sorcha, our brave heroine had to finish a task so that she could save her brothers from the Lady Oonagh’s curse. In her flight for safety she met Red, the Lord Hugh of Harrowfield which was their strongest enemy. From there, Sorcha bravely confronted every hardships and insults vested upon her.

Just a caution, this is not an easy read. Sorcha has to go through a lot before saving her brothers. I heard this was like a retelling of the fairy tale ‘The Six Swans’ but I’m not really familiar with it. Though it was a retelling, It’s still a great book!

I don’t want to spoil, so better read the book. I highly recommend it! It’s rich in fantasy and very enchanting! :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Drop your message here! ☺

Follow Her

Personal - Top Blogs Philippines


Read the Printed Word!