Book Review: The Iron King (Iron Fey #1)

1:17:00 PM


Author: Julie Kagawa

Summary:

Meghan Chase has a secret destiny—one she could never have imagined.

Something has always felt slightly off in Meghan’s life, ever since her father disappeared before her eyes when she was six. She has never quite fit in at school…or at home.

When a dark stranger begins watching her from afar, and her prankster best friend becomes strangely protective of her, Meghan senses that everything she’s known is about to change.

But she could never have guessed the truth—that she is the daughter of a mythical faery king and is a pawn in a deadly war. Now Meghan will learn just how far she’ll go to save someone she cares about, to stop a mysterious evil no faery creature dare face…and to find love with a young prince who might rather see her dead than let her touch his icy heart.

My Rating: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Wow! I really enjoyed this book! 

I think this was the first time I read a book about faeries and I wasn’t disappointed. I was thinking when the first time I heard about this book that there might be beautiful little creatures, you know the typical fairy like Tinkerbell. The author made this new concept of faeries that is really an enjoyable read! Though she borrowed some characters from Shakespeare’s Midsummer Night’s Dream, it still kept me from reading til the last page. 

I also loved the characters. I liked Grimalkin, this cat or cait sith that made a deal with Megan when she was in danger. It reminded me of Alice in Wonderland. Puck’s character was also fun. I liked his humor. Megan was a tough one, though sometimes she lacked the courage, she still managed to fulfill her mission. And of course, Ash, the handsome Winter Prince that looked mysterious but brave and sweet! 

Although most parts of the story were predictable, the author still managed to build a new concept and described the other creatures in details that made the book much more enjoyable. Some of the characters were not well developed especially Megan and Ash but I guess I have to keep reading the series to know more about them! 

I recommend this book if you want an easy and enjoyable read. :)

The Iron King (Harlequin Teen)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Drop your message here! ☺

Follow Her

Personal - Top Blogs Philippines


Read the Printed Word!